UNDP4YOUTH WEBINAR ON THE 16 X 16 INITIATIVE
Join this webinar and hear about the expertise and experience of young people advancing Sustainable Development Goal 16 (SDG16), 3 July 2019, 9-10:30AM (EST).
The '16x16' initiative will be presented and young '16 x 16' participants will present the 'Rome Youth Call-to-Action for promoting and supporting youth-inclusive and youth-led SDG16 implementation, monitoring and accountability', which urges stakeholders to take bold and strong action on SDG16.
The 16 x 16 Initiative recognizes, values and supports the positive role that 16 young women and men play as leaders of youth organizations, movements and networks and as agents of change and partners in building peaceful, just and inclusive societies at all levels. At the Conference in preparation for the United Nations High-Level Political Forum 2019 on SDG16 in Rome, May 2019, the 16 x 16 participants shared their experience in advancing SDG16 implementation, monitoring and accountability in their respective contexts, raised awareness of youth specific needs and presented the Call-to-action. The 16 x 16 participants led the development of the Call-to-action, with inputs from the United Nations Major Group for Children and Youth (UNMGCY) and a broad range of youth organizations, movements and networks, through an online consultation in May 2019.
It is high time we both respond to youth-specific needs and value young people’s expertise, knowledge and positive contribution to SDG16 implementation, monitoring, accountability and review. Join the conversation by attending this webinar, which will,
- Introduce the ’16 x 16’ Initiative
Noella Richard, Youth Team Leader (Global) and Policy Specialist, UNDP
- Communicate the results of the online consultation on youth and SDG16, May 2019
Maria Stage, Programme Analyst (Global), Youth Empowerment, UNDP
- Present the Rome Youth Call-to-Action
UNDP's 16 x 16 participants
- Spark conversation on initiatives advancing SDG16 and youth empowerment
All, including Q&A
TIME AND PLACE
The webinar takes place 3 July 2019, 9-10:30AM (EST)
It is an online webinar, which can be accessed through this link: https://bit.ly/2Mu70qh
The recording of the webinar is available here: https://youtu.be/hh6uU2L3ftM
- Rome Youth Call-to-Action
- Two-pager on the 16 x 16 Initiative
- Biographies of the 16 x 16 participants
- Concept note, summary and webinar in preparation of the breakout session on SDG16 at the ECOSOC Youth Forum 2019 and the presidential statement
- Information on the Conference in preparation for the United Nations High-Level Political Forum 2019 on SDG16 in Rome, May 2019
- World Youth Report – in particular, chapter V and VI.
The Initiative is supported by the Government of Italy and implemented by the United Nations Development Programme’s Youth Global Programme.