Congrats to the 16 x 16 participants!
’16 x 16’ is a new global initiative, supported by the Government of Italy, as part of UNDP’s Youth Global Programme for Sustainable Development and Peace (Youth-GPS), to recognize and support 16 youth-led organisations, movements or networks that promote Sustainable Development Goal 16 (SDG16). It is also a contribution to the implementation of the United Nations Youth Strategy, “Youth 2030”.
The selection process has just concluded and we can welcome the following '16 x 16' participants:
- Ana Carolina Paixao de Queiroz, Ponciá, Brazil
- Arnaldo Rene Diaz Bonilla, Ayudando a Honduras/ Red de Jóvenes de Jutiapa, Honduras
- Dalia Francheska Marquez Añez, United Youth in Action, Venezuela
- Neville Charlton, Youths Inspiring Positive Change, Jamaica
- Antonina Rishko-Porcescu, EvalYouth, Moldova (Ukrainian nationality)
- Samira Baručija, Youth for Peace BiH, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Emmanuel Ametepey, Youth Advocates Ghana, Ghana
- Wevyn Helen Awiti Muganda, HAKI AFRICA (national human rights organization); Beyond The Lines; Kauli Zetu Mtaani, Kenya
- Alice Ameyovi Goza, International Association of Women and Young Leaders (AIFJL), Togo
- Charles Kajoloweka, Youth and Society (YAS), Malawi
- Jagdish Kumar Ayer, Association of Youth Organizations Nepal (AYON), Nepal
- Lynrose Jane Dumandan Genon, Youth Amplifying Co-creating and Advocating Peace (Project YACAP); Young Women+ for Peace and Leadership-Philippines, Philippines
- Karim Mahmoud Abdelhamid Abdallah Habib, Educuality, Egypt
- Sihem Nasraoui, Peace Lab, Tunisia
- Elisha Azeemah Bano, Act It Network, Fiji
- Phillip Subu Taungani, Malaita Youth Caucus, Solomon Islands
The '16 x 16' represent a diverse group of young leaders and their work covers most areas of SDG16. More information on the '16 x 16' and their activities will soon be available.
Please contact email@example.com for any questions on the '16 x 16' Initiative.