Ministerial Event at United Nations Headquarters will mark 1st Anniversary of the Adoption of Security Council Resolution 2250 (2015) on Youth, Peace and Security
A forthcoming Ministerial Event at the United Nations Headquarters, co-chaired by the Permanent Mission of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan to the United Nations and the Permanent Mission of Norway to the United Nations, will mark the 1st Anniversary of the Adoption of Security Council Resolution 2250 on Youth, Peace and Security.
The main objectives of this high-level event are to:
- Celebrate the first anniversary of the adoption of Security Council Resolution 2250 on Youth, Peace and Security, which marks an unprecedented acknowledgement of the urgent need to engage young women and men in conflict resolution, peacebuilding, reconciliation and preventing and countering violent extremism.
- Officially launch the Progress Study on Youth, Peace and Security (YPS) mandated by UNSCR 2250.
- Mr. Ayman Safadi, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates of Jordan
- Ms. Laila Bokhari, State Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Norway
- Mr. António Guterres, Secretary-General of the United Nations
- Dr. Babatunde Osotimehin, Executive Director, UNFPA
- Ms. Hajer Sharief, member of the Advisory Group for the Progress Study on YPS
- Mr. Graeme Simpson, Lead Author, Progress Study on YPS
- Ms. Milja Suihko, Finland
The date and time for this event will be confirmed shortly.
The event is co-hosted by Bangladesh, Denmark, Ethiopia, Finland, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Kenya, Mexico, the Republic of Korea, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden and the European Union.