*** Please note the Poster Contest is now CLOSED | For further information you can contact: firstname.lastname@example.org ***
Displaying the Work of Youth Peacebuilders in the Arab States
Amman, Jordan, December 2016
Youth in the Arab region are powerful agents of change and development. They make up one of the youngest populations in the world with more than 100 million between the ages of 15 and 29. In December of 2015, the Security Council adopted the groundbreaking Resolution 2250 on Youth, Peace and Security. For the first time, the UN Security Council recognized the positive role young people can play in conflict prevention, the prevention of violent extremism and peacebuilding. The Resolution was championed by Jordan, and adopted unanimously.
UNDP and UNESCO are co-leading, on behalf of the Regional United Nations Development Group-Interagency Technical Task Team on Young People, The Youth Peace and Security in the Arab States Region Consultation and Dialogue, in partnership with the Peacebuilding Support Office and UNFPA.
The aim of this consultation is to mobilize young peacebuilders in the Arab region to explore the potential and assess the bottlenecks facing youth-led peacebuilding initiatives. Based on an analysis of systematic and structural barriers, as well as local mechanisms and capacities, this will lead to the definition of a regional roadmap with clear policy and programming recommendations for a broad range of stakeholders. It is hoped that these regional level discussions will promote an enabling environment at the national level, through the media and other stakeholders, for shifting the discourse and opening opportunities for youth to effectively participate in peacebuilding processes.
We are inviting submissions of poster designs to be displayed at the Youth, Peace and Security in the Arab States Region Consultation and Dialogue in Amman, Jordan. The posters must highlight the work of young peacebuilders working in the Arab States in a creative and visual way. The posters will be used at the Consultation and Dialogue to raise awareness of young peacebuilders in the region, and the impact of their work.
There will be a dedicated space for youth programmes or projects posters and knowledge products to be displayed using exhibition stands. More specifically, the work of young peacebuilders in the Arab States will be displayed on large posters during the Consultation and Dialogue.
The selected posters will be used in the upcoming Youth, Peace, and Security Workshop in Amman, Jordan from 4 to 6 December 2016. The images will also be published on our website and social media.
The deadline for submitting poster designs is 20 November 2016. Submissions should be sent to email@example.com. The selected poster designs will be voted on by an internal panel, and winners will be notified via e-mail.
The competition is open to international participants, but the submission must reflect the work of young peacebuilders (between the ages of 15-35) who work in the Arab States.
- Capture the potential of youth in the peace and security agenda, and showcase young peacebuilders in the Arab States.
- Be original work and not previously submitted to another competition.
- The pictures need to be 1.5 MB each, the poster will have the dimensions 210 x 90 cm, so this should also be reflected in the submissions. Submissions must not exceed 9 MB, if your poster design is selected, you will need to submit a high resolution version for printing. Failure to do so will result in the disqualification of your submission.
- Identify any individuals featured in a photo by name and age. Posters including any photos featuring a child (defined as any individual under the age of 18) must be accompanied by a release form duly filled and signed by the parent or legal guardian of the child. You can download a copy of the form HERE.
- Identify the date and location of any photos used.
- Limit the use of any text to either Arabic or English.
Please note that all submitted images will become the property of UNDP regardless of whether they are selected or not. Any future usage of designs will give credit to their creators. With your submission you are consenting to the use of your images and poster submission.